BOOKING IN PROGRESS
STEP ONE - PAYMENT IN PROGRESS/p>
Do Not Close This Window (Or Click The Back Button
Built in 1985, Kingfisher Hotel, Golf & Country Club is nestled within 160 acres of beautiful Buckinghamshire countryside.
With a magnificent 9-hole parkland golf course, cutting edge driving range with Toptracer technology, boutique 29-bedroom hotel, trendy new restaurant (FIVE at Kingfisher), brand new fully equipped indoor & outdoor fitness centre (K-FITT), K Beauty (Hair & Beauty Parlour) & excellent event facilities.
We are conveniently located just over 30 minutes from London Euston by train and 20 minutes off junction 14 & 15 off the M1, 30mins away from Bicester Outlet Village and only 10 mins away from the Milton Keynes City Centre.
If you want to escape the hustle & bustle of city life & enjoy a tranquil weekend away or a glass of wine on our terrace which overlooks the Kingfisher lake you won’t find anywhere better.
Kingfisher Country Club
Please note that we are now closed to the public due to the rising number of COVID-19 cases and our continuing efforts to protect our customers & staff.
Furthermore, we will be following the government guidelines from Thursday 5th November 2020 until early December 2020. Please keep an eye on our social media channels for further updates.
Thank you for your understanding, stay safe & well.
Kingfisher Country Club
It's the most wonderful time of the year because it's the month of cakes & candles, snow & songs, carols & joy, laughter & love; it's December.
Come & join us at Kingfisher Country Club for Christmas Day, Boxing Day & New Years Eve - let us do the hard work & organising, so that you can enjoy a hassle-free celebration with your family, while indulging in quality food, exceptional wines and handcrafted cocktails.
To make a booking please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Every room has been made to preserve the original ambience of the property and this is reflected in the attention to detail in which we have decorated and furnished each individual room and suite. If it’s additional space and comfort that you require, then relax and unwind in one of our stylish bedrooms.
To ensure you have access to all the modern technology and entertainment at your hands, all rooms are equipped with flat screen smart televisions, movie apps & high speed Wi-Fi.
At Kingfisher Hotel, Golf & Country Club we offer multiple venues where we can host your Civil Marriage Ceremony, Civil Partnership & Evening Reception.
Share your vows in the company of your closest friends and family in The Lakeside Ballroom, The Bluebell Pagoda (outdoor), or the stunning Halcyon Pavilion (coming in 2021/22).
The Lakeside Ballroom is modern and spacious, the Pagoda is situated centre stage on the lawn and the Pavilion will be draped with luxurious fabrics and nestled between trees.
These beautiful spaces all overlook the picturesque Kingfisher Lake & can be enhanced with your own personal touches; perhaps a Harpist or a string quartet playing as you walk down the aisle to Canon in D. Maybe you have your heart set on walking down a path full of rose petals or being wed underneath a floral archway. Whatever you want, it’s of the utmost importance to us to help you create the wedding of your dreams.
The Kingfisher Lake, along with the Kingfisher Country Club provides the perfect backdrop for your wedding photos. By holding your wedding at Kingfisher you can be sure of an extremely high standard of service; our attention to detail & personal touch from our experienced team will ensure that we make your special day unforgettable.
At Kingfisher Hotel, Golf & Country Club, we offer a venue with 3 stylish & well-equipped meeting rooms that are practical & adaptable to a range of configurations for conferences & meetings depending on the size of your event.
We cater for residential training, business conferences, product launches, award ceremonies, team building events or anything else you might require.
We can tailor these to day delegates or 24hr residential packages depending on what suits your needs.
With breakout areas & 160 acres of outdoor space we offer the perfect location to host your event. For those travelling by car we have ample free parking & deluxe overnight accommodation at our 29-bedroom hotel.
From intimate to opulent, our experienced team always goes above & beyond to tailor make an experience that best meets your objectives.
Afternoon Tea at Kingfisher Hotel, Golf & Country Club includes gourmet savoury delights, decadent sweet treats and scrumptious scones, with side dishes of strawberry conserve and Cornish clotted cream.
We also offer you the choice of a variety of superb teas from Teafields who go straight to the source to find the world’s most incredible teas, from Royal Breakfast to Jasmine & Lily Flowering Tea.
To make the occasion extra special, why not indulge & upgrade your experience & enjoy our Champagne Afternoon Tea.
Available 6 days a week | 12:30pm-3:30pm
Monday - Saturday | £27.50 per person
Champagne Afternoon Tea | from £12.00 per glass
To make a booking please email email@example.com
Whether you are visiting us for business or leisure, a light bite to eat or romantic drinks for two, Spectrum Lounge Bar offers a warm, luxurious experience with stunning panoramic views over the Kingfisher Lake.
Enjoy a selection of fine wines, world renowned spirits and beers, seasonal ales and fresh cocktails. Spectrum Lounge Bar also features an extended variety of gins for all those gin lovers and Spectrum classics with a modern twist.
Breakfast served from 7:00am to 10:00am
Breakfast on Sunday served from 7:30am to 10:30am
Spectrum Lounge menu served from 11:00am to 8:30pm
To make a booking please email firstname.lastname@example.org.Breakfast Menu Festive lunch Festive dinner
K-FITT, our amazing health club facility equipped with state of the art Matrix equipment and boasting our very own virtual class studio.
Our studio will enable you to participate in scheduled classes, or ask a member of the team if you wish to workout to an on-demand session.
In addition, you have the chance to relax in our Sauna and Steam Room. Whichever suits your needs!
We look forward to welcoming you!
At Kingfisher Hotel, Golf & Country Club we have a fully furnished K Beauty (Hair & Beauty Parlour) with facilities for men & women including a barber, hairdressing/hairstyling, nail stations & treatment rooms.
Whether you are getting pampered for your special day or just want to spoil yourself during a relaxing weekend away, you've come to the right place.
Our fun but challenging 9-hole parkland golf course is set within the picturesque surroundings of Deanshanger, South Buckinghamshire.
The course is set to open to the public, in 2021, for pay & play and there are will also be a range of membership options to suit every golfers’ need.
Kingfisher Hotel, Golf & Country Club also boasts a state -of-the-art driving range and practice facility that offers Toptracer enhanced technology which captures & displays ball flight in real-time.
We also offer food and beverage at our golf range & in the Clubhouse at Spectrum Lounge so you can practice, play & purchase refreshments with ease.
Please note that we are now closed to the public due to the rising number of COVID-19 cases and our continuing efforts to protect our customers & staff.
Furthermore, we will be following the government guidelines from Thursday 5th November 2020 until early December 2020. Please keep an eye on our social media channels for further updates.
Thank you for your understanding, stay safe & well.
Kingfisher Hotel, Golf & Country Club
Please use this form if you would like more information about our services at Kingfisher Hotel, Golf & Country Club.
These are the terms and conditions that apply when you reserve a room at Kingfisher Hotel, Golf and Country Club.
You will be asked to confirm your acceptance of these terms and conditions when you make a reservation.
We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time and you should therefore check them each time you make a reservation. The terms and conditions applying to your reservation will be those in place on the date that you make your reservation.
Additional terms apply to your use of our digital channels whether or not you make a reservation through them. These are published on the relevant digital channel.
To reserve your room please follow the instructions as applicable.
You must be at least 18 years old to make a reservation.
You will need to provide your credit or debit card details to secure your reservation. Kingfisher Country Club accepts Visa, Visa Debit, American Express to secure a reservation.
Please check that the details of your reservation are complete and accurate before you confirm your reservation. We will not be liable for any delay if you provide us with incorrect information.
We will confirm our acceptance of your reservation by sending you an email to the email address that you provide during the reservation process. The contract between us for the provision of your room and any additional services added to your reservation will be formed when you receive this email confirmation from us.
If you think that there is a mistake in your reservation or if you require any changes to a confirmed reservation, please contact us to discuss. For more information on cancellation, please see section 10 Cancellation, below.
3. Group reservations
A reservation of five rooms or more is a group booking. If you wish to make a group booking of 5+ rooms, please call our reservation team on 01908 562332.
4. Room prices
Kingfisher Hotel adopts dynamic pricing and the price of our rooms fluctuates based on demand. When you make a reservation request, we'll give you a total price for the rooms and number of nights you've requested. The price you pay is the price quoted to you at the time you make your reservation.
Room prices are per room, per night and are inclusive of VAT at the applicable rate at the time of your reservation. Breakfast is included in all our room rates.
Meals and other extras are not included in the room price but you may be able to add them to your reservation during the booking process or they may be available to you during your stay.
Flex: If you book a Flex rate you may choose whether to pay for your room in full at the time of booking or to pay on arrival. Please see section 10 cancellation for full rate restrictions.
Non-Flex: Non-Flex is a more restricted rate that may be offered subject to availability. Payment in full is required for all Non-Flex bookings at the time of booking. This is inclusive of all extras ordered at the time of booking. Please see section 10 cancellation for full rate restrictions.
The maximum room occupancy is two adults. Daybeds (for children under the age of 12) and cots are available with a maximum occupancy of two adults and one minor. We do not charge for the provision of cots and daybeds and are free of charge. Please give sufficient advance notice at the time of booking. You must not exceed the maximum occupancy for the room allocated to you. We reserve the right to conduct checks on occupancy. Occupancy is not transferable.
Children under 18 are not permitted to stay at Kingfisher Hotel unless a parent or guardian is also staying in the hotel. We reserve the right to request valid photographic proof of identity and age, so please bring this with you otherwise where requested you will not be permitted to stay.
Kingfisher Hotel has two rooms which are specially adapted for customers with disabilities. For more information view our Access Statement.
7. Special requests
Although Kingfisher Hotel will try to accommodate special requests, all rooms are subject to availability.
We are unable to accept foreign currency exchange at Kingfisher Hotel and you will need to visit an exchange bureau or bank to exchange your currency.
Breakfast is included in the room price.
You may add dinner and/or a meal deal (where available) when you make your reservation. A ‘Breakfast to Go Box’ is available upon request. Please submit your request to Reception no later than 2230 the night before.
The meal deal is available for adults only and includes a three course dinner from the TDH menu and as advertised on our website.
9. Paying for your room
If you have not paid for your room and any extras added to your booking in full at the time you make your reservation, you will need to pay on arrival.
Payment may be made by credit/debit card (Visa, Visa Debit, MasterCard, American Express). The expiry date of your debit/credit card must be later than the end of your stay. We do not accept cheques or cash for room purchase.
Your right to cancel
Flex rate room bookings may be cancelled up to 24 hours on the arrival date. If you cancel your reservation up to 24 hours on the day of arrival and have paid for the room in advance by debit/credit card, a full refund will be processed to the same debit/credit card normally before 9am the next working day though it may take a few days for the funds to reach your account. A cancellation reference will be given and should be retained as proof of cancellation.
If you cancel a reservation on the day of arrival (including any "no show") and have not already paid for the room in advance you will be charged a cancellation charge equivalent to 50% of the total charges reserved for the duration of your stay. A cancellation reference will be given and should be retained as proof of cancellation.
If you decide to shorten your stay you must inform reception at the Kingfisher Hotel that you are staying in within 24 hours or 11am on the day you wish to check out. Otherwise you will be charged a cancellation charge equivalent to one night’s total accommodation per room booked and for any meals and other extras booked for the following day.
Any ‘no show’ will be charged at 100% of the charges reserved.
Non-Flex rate room bookings may be cancelled within 24 hours of making a booking and are non-refundable under all circumstances.
If you’ve made a group booking, our cancellation terms are as follows:
· For 4 rooms or fewer, we’ll need full payment 14 days before arrival. This is non-refundable, but you can cancel your booking free of charge if you do so before this time.
· For 5 rooms or more, we’ll need a 50% deposit 28 days before arrival and the balance 14 days before arrival. These payments are non-refundable, but you can cancel your booking free of charge if you do so before we take a deposit.
Where you cancel (including any “no show”) a group booking and there is a non-refundable payment retained by us, this total amount is a cancellation charge to compensate the hotel for the cancellation and is not for any service.
Our right to cancel
We may cancel your reservation at any time with immediate effect by giving you written notice (which includes email) if:
· you do not pay us when you are required to do so; or
· you break the contract between us in any way.
If we cancel your reservation where you are at fault, we reserve our legal rights in respect of your breach of contract. Where your stay had/has not yet commenced, the total payment made or to be made by you for such room shall be deemed a cancellation charge and is not for any service.
Events outside our control
We may also cancel your reservation if an event outside of our control (including industrial action, explosion, fire, flooding, and failure of power and/or water supplies or emergency evacuation) means that we are unable to make your room available to you. In this case we will contact you to let you know as soon as possible and:
· if you have already paid for your room, we will refund your payment to you; or
· if you have not yet paid for your room, you will not have to make any payment to us.
Same as set out above, we will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations that is caused by an event outside of our control. This does not affect your statutory rights.
11. Arrival and departure
Rooms are available from 3pm on the arrival date. Please let Kingfisher Hotel know if you are likely to arrive after 10pm.
Guests will be asked to provide proof of identity and nationality upon check-in. Overseas guests, excluding Republic of Ireland and Commonwealth citizens, will be asked to complete a registration form and provide their identity card / passport details. Acceptable forms of identification are: a passport, driving licence, ID card or police warrant card.
Rooms must be vacated by 1100 on the day of departure. Failure to leave your room by this time may result in a late check-out charge.
12. Kingfisher Hotel expectations of you (and your group)
You must not:
· smoke anywhere inside any Kingfisher premises. This includes the smoking of e-cigarettes. Permitted smoking areas will be identified on site. Smoking on Kingfisher premises outside of the designated smoking area will result in a £100 fine;
· bring any pets onto the premises, with the exception of assistance dogs;
· bring any potentially dangerous or hazardous materials or equipment onto Kingfisher Hotel premises;
· use any electrical appliances that may set off the fire alarm system, such as toasters, mini cookers or portable grills;
· tamper with any fire alarms or emergency equipment;
· utilise Kingfisher rooms to use or store items (personal or otherwise) which could in the sole opinion of Kingfisher Hotel cause damage to the room, or be a risk to the health and safety of staff or property. This includes any items with a naked flame;
· prevent Kingfisher Hotel management, housekeeping and/or maintenance staff from access to your room(s) as and when required by Kingfisher Hotel, with housekeeping permitted full access at least once every two days;
· remove, damage or destroy any Kingfisher Hotel property;
· use any of the technology provided by Kingfisher Hotel to download or access any unlawful or obscene material; or cause unreasonable disturbance to our other guests or any Kingfisher Hotel staff.
If you or your group cause damage or loss of any kind to the hotel, other guests or their property, you (as the person making the booking) will be responsible for that damage or loss and you shall be liable to pay to Kingfisher Hotel on demand the amount required to make good or remedy such damage or loss.
You and the members of your group must not resell or transfer your reservation (or any part of it) nor advertise, market or otherwise offer any Kingfisher Hotel room for sale either on its own or as part of a combined offer. Kingfisher Hotel will not honour any reservations made in this way and does not accept any liability for doing so. If you are a Tour Operator and wish to book rooms at a Kingfisher Hotel you should contact Kingfisher Hotel directly on 01908 562332.
If you or your group cause damage to the hotel, other guests or their property, or otherwise breach any of these terms and conditions, Kingfisher Hotel reserves the right to:
· cancel your reservation with immediate effect and (if appropriate) eject you from the premises;
· cancel key cards;
· restrict access to the hotel;
· remove your items from the room and hotel, disposing of such items (at no cost and no liability) to a local charity to the extent such items are not collected from us within 7 days of removal;
· retain all sums paid by you and/or charge you the full amount of your reservation; and/or
· refuse future reservations from you and/or refuse you entry or accommodation at any of our hotels.
Kingfisher Hotel will not be liable for any refund or compensation in such circumstances.
Kingfisher Hotel reserves the right to decline or cancel reservations made and stays in progress by those who have previously breached these terms and conditions (as may be updated from time to time), whether the reservation is in that name or not.
We reserve the right to change your room allocation at any point during your stay for any reason.
Please see our Frequently Asked Questions for further information about your stay at Kingfisher Hotel.
We keep your personal data safe and secure. Full details about how we use your data are set out in our Privacy Notice (click link for further details). Similar to other commercial websites, this website and the System utilises a standard technology called cookies and web server logs to collect information about how the website and/or the System is used and how to improve them. Further details can be found in our Cookie Notice. By providing information about you and your booking group (as outlined in the Privacy Notice) when making a reservation, you consent (on your behalf and on behalf of each member of your group) to such processing and you warrant that all information provided by you is accurate.
This contract formed when we confirm your reservation is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms, whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties Act) 1999 or otherwise.
If you are a non-business customer you have certain rights under consumer protection legislation. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to affect those rights.
We accept liability for death and personal injury arising from our negligence or that of our employees and agents. We do not seek to exclude our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation by us or our employees or agents.
We do not accept liability for failure to meet any of our obligations where such failure is due to events beyond our reasonable control.
If we breach these terms and conditions for reasons within our control we shall only be liable for losses that are direct losses and a reasonably foreseeable consequence of such breach.
Save as prohibited by applicable law, we shall not be liable whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or for breach of statutory duty, or in any other way, for any indirect or consequential losses including:
· loss of income, sales or revenue;
· loss of business;
· business interruption;
· loss of profits or contracts;
· loss of anticipated savings;
· loss of data;
· loss of reputation and/or goodwill; or
· wasted management or office time.
Where we are liable to you (save as prohibited by applicable law) our maximum liability to you whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or for breach of statutory duty shall in no event exceed the price of your reservation unless the Hotel Proprietors Act 1956 applies, in which case our liability will be limited to the maximum prescribed under that Act.
These terms and conditions, their subject matter and formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
If you are a consumer you and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, your reservation and/or stay at Kingfisher Hotel. We retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these terms and conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country. If you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
If you are making a business reservation, you and we agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to your reservation and/or stay at Kingfisher Hotel.
If any part of these terms and conditions is deemed invalid, illegal or for any reason unenforceable then that part will be deemed deleted and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining parts. Any failure by us to enforce our rights or remedies under these terms and conditions or otherwise shall not be construed as a waiver by us of those or any other rights or remedies.
All rights not expressly granted in these terms and conditions are reserved.
14. Contact us
If you require further information or have any questions regarding our website or these terms and conditions, then please contact Kingfisher Hotel directly on 01908 562332.
This notice describes how we process your personal data.
If you book a hotel room with Kingfisher Hotel or a table in our restaurant, the controller is ‘Kingfisher Country Club Ltd’.
The address of the company is Kingfisher Hotel, Golf and Country Club, Buckingham Road, Deanshanger, MK19 6JY , United Kingdom. Please see “How do I get in touch with you” below for contact details for specific matters.
You have the right to object to some of the processing which Kingfisher Hotel carries out. More information about your rights and how to exercise these is set out in the section headed “Your rights” below.
This notice applies to: Bookers; Guests; Visitors; Callers; and - other customers. And, anyone contacting, visiting or using our: Website; Apps; Social Media Pages; Reservations; Guest Service Team; and – Hotel.
Summary of the purposes for processing your personal data and the legal basis for doing so:
• We process personal data to make, amend and administer room bookings, provide hotel services, process and store payment details to provide products and services (such as meals, leisure facilities and car parking). We also deal with enquires, gather customer feedback, undertake market research and direct marketing (including analysis to create profiles), in our legitimate interests to promote our business and improve our service and delivery.
• When booking with us, we don’t ask for accessibility, dietary, health or other sensitive personal data. If you (or someone on your behalf) do provide such information to us, please be aware we may need to ask for your explicit consent. In some cases, it may be permissible for us to have such data as it is in your vital interests that we do so.
• On our websites we use analytical cookies plus similar technologies are included in our marketing emails, as explained in our https://INSERTLINK.html. You can reject and block cookies in your browser settings.
• We monitor social media to respond to comments or complaints about our business and with the permission of the platform owner we may reproduce your comments on our website, on the lawful basis of our legitimate interests.
In our legitimate interests, we also seek to prevent and detect crime as well as protect our business and premises.
• In order to fulfil the above purposes:
o we disclose your personal data to payment providers, technology providers, insurers, and other specialist professional and technical service providers to manage your bookings, arrange payments, and provide services.
• We keep your data to enable us to fulfil our contract with you or to provide services, where required by law, to respond to a question or complaint, to obey rules about keeping records, to uphold or protect contractual and legal rights and/ or where it is in your or another party’s vital interests and/ or our legitimate interests. Where we process personal data on the basis of your consent, we will retain it for as long as required for the specified purpose. We also keep your data in line with any statutory limitation periods and for tax, legal or regulatory purposes.
• Any consent(s) you give us may be withdrawn at any time.
• You have an absolute right to object to direct marketing (and any profiling for the purposes of direct marketing) at any time.
You also have the qualified right to:
o request access, rectify, and erase your personal data;
o object to processing for any purpose where we rely on our legitimate interests as the legal basis;
o restrict processing; and
o supply or transfer your personal data in a portable format.
Where you exercise any of your rights, we will process your personal data to comply with your request in accordance with our legal obligations.
· You have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority of the country in which you are resident, work or in which your complaint arises. For the contact details of the Information Commissioner in the UK see www.ico.org.uk, for Information Commissioner in the Isle of Man see www.inforights.im and for the Office of Information Commissioner in Jersey see https://oicjersey.org . Details of all EU supervisory authorities can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080
· We may provide additional information during the booking and check-in process and at other points at which we collect your personal data.
If you wish to exercise your rights, please visit: http://www.kingfishercountryclub.co.uk/contact-us.html where you will find our email address email@example.com . Please select this email link which will direct you to your email browser. Please add “Privacy” in the “subject box” as your reason for contact.
Personal information we collect:
We collect personal information when you book with us or request or use our services. This includes hotel and restaurant visits, using our websites or apps, or corresponding with us. We may also receive personal data about you from another source. This includes:
• Personal Identifiers - title, name, marital status, postal and email addresses, postcode, IP addresses and contact telephone numbers. We may also collect the names of those who are part of a group booking where necessary, and the age of children to meet your needs (e.g. to provide a cot) and enable us to confirm any restrictions that may apply to a room booking;
• Business-to-Business Information - for corporate customers and corporate business leads and contacts: job title, business address and business email address;
• Transaction Information - payment, reservation and booking details, including meals, beverages & car parking;
• Membership information - membership details for rewards and Kingfisher Country Club Ltd Business Account programmes;
• Shareholder information – where you present a Kingfisher Country Club Ltd shareholders’ card;
• Facebook Page Insights Data - In relation to our Facebook Pages, we may receive Insights Data from Facebook, i.e. aggregated data that can help us to understand how visitors are engaging with our Page, which may be based on personal data collected during your visit to our Page or its contents. In relation to the processing of this personal data only, we are joint controllers with Facebook Ireland Limited. Facebook Ireland Ltd has agreed to take primary responsibility under the GDPR for the processing of Insights Data and to comply with all applicable obligations under the GDPR with respect to the processing of Insights Data, so all requests and queries should be addressed to Facebook Ireland Limited. The Page Insights Controller Addendum [Link] sets out our respective responsibilities and is subject to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts and the laws of Ireland. The Irish Data Protection Commissioner is the lead supervisory authority; and
• Customer special requests and feedback including complaints - via direct telephone, emails and online free text fields.
Third parties, including where we are joint controllers, that we receive personal data from may include:
• Travel agents, booking agents, other agents, tour operators and schools;
• Corporate customers and public information sources;
• Comparison and review websites;
• Social networks;
• Car park operators;
• Business Account management operators;
• Market researchers;
• Marketing service providers and advertising technology providers;
• Government and law enforcement agencies;
• Other licensees in accordance with licensing requirements;
• Other hotel providers and/ or other organisations as part of their contingency plans
Kingfisher Country Club Ltd
How do we use your information, and what is the legal basis for this use?
• To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract. This is relevant when you want to make a reservation with us or receive other products and services from us such as meals and includes:
o making, amending or administering your room booking and meal orders;
o providing products and services requested by you;
o verifying your identity;
o processing payments;
o to administer your ‘My Kingfisher’ account or Business Account;
o to administer your Kingfisher Business Account;
o communicating with you;
o providing customer services, including managing complaints; and
o alerting you by text, email or phone in the event of an unplanned incident, as a result of which we have to make alternative arrangements under our contract (or where we believe it is in your vital interests).
If the information we request is not provided, we may not be able to enter into or comply with a contract or our legal obligations;
• In our legitimate interests regarding the conduct of our business, in particular:
o ensuring customer satisfaction, maintaining goodwill and dispute resolution
o provide technical support and investigate and process any complaints about our website or our products or services, and to maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes. We reserve the right to request evidence to support any claims or complaints.
To protect our business and prevent fraud;
o monitor, test and control the performance and security of our systems, networks, processes and premises to prevent and detect fraud and protect our business;
o monitor claims/spend in relation to accommodation and Food and Beverage (including profiling); and
o if you provide a credit or debit card as payment, we use third parties to check the validity of your bank account or card details in order to prevent fraud.
o for business performance and improvement
o monitor and record CCTV, call communications, including incoming and outgoing calls and emails for staff training, quality improvement purposes and establishing facts; and
o analyse transactions to enable us to improve our services and products and plan for our business.
o Safety & Security of our Guests and Employees
o to protect premises and for security purposes including information recorded from CCTV;
o to monitor food safety and hygiene;
o to obtain statements from witnesses to accidents and other incidents; and
o for the detection and prevention of crime.
Developing and Marketing Products and Services;
o for raising brand awareness;
o to understand you better as a customer by analysing your transactions and other information you provide to us or which we learn through your interactions with us;
o for marketing (including creating profiles), competitions and promotions by post, email, text and push notification where permitted to do so by law (for an alternative lawful basis, see consent below);
o we may use your data to provide personalised promotional offers to you;
o we may also use your data to provide you with personalised promotional offers on selected partner websites (for example, you might see an advertisement for our products on a partner site such as Facebook);
o we also share some of your information with marketing service and ad technology providers and digital marketing networks, such as Facebook, Google to present advertisements that might interest you.
For example we may transfer information about you to such providers so that they may recognise your devices and deliver interest-based content and advertisements to you.
The information may include your name, email, device ID, or other identifier in encrypted form. The providers may process the information in hashed form. These providers may collect additional information from you, such as your IP address and information about your browser or operating system; may combine information about you with information from other companies in data sharing cooperatives in which we participate; and may place or recognize their own unique cookie on your browser. These cookies may contain demographic or other data in de-identified form;
o for monitoring the use of our websites, apps and Facebook Pages in order to improve their performance, understand how people are engaging with them and optimise our media spend;
o we use personal data of some individuals to invite them to provide feedback or take part in market research; and
o for developing corporate business and applying rates.
Legal and Regulatory purposes
o in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes as necessary (including disclosure of such information in connection with claims, legal process or litigation);
o to comply with health and safety legislation, including accounting for the number of individuals on our premises and logging accidents;
o to prevent, investigate and/or report suspected fraud, terrorism, security incidents or other crime, in accordance with applicable law; and
o to anonymise personal data when we no longer need to process it.
Where you give us consent:
o we will send you emails, texts and push notifications in relation to products and services provided by us (for an alternative lawful basis see “legitimate interests” above);
o when you use our websites or apps, we place cookies and use similar technologies on your computer, mobile or other device and we use such technologies such as pixel tags and web beacons in marketing emails and communications (also see our Cookie Notice);
o we may use credit checks if you apply for a Business Account;
o to participate in competitions we run and, if you win, to use your information for promotional purposes;
o we will process health information, such as dietary, accessibility, and allergy information you or a party on your behalf provides to us (we may also be able to do this where it is in your vital interests);
o when you make a donation to a charity, we will process your payment for this purpose; and
o on other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the personal data for the purpose which we explain at that time.
You have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
For purposes which are required by law:
o to record the identity and nationality of overseas guests (excluding the Republic of Ireland and Commonwealth citizens) on check-in. These guests will be asked to complete a registration form and provide their identity card/passport details, to comply with the Immigration (Hotel Records) Order 1972, as amended. Acceptable forms of identification are: a passport, driving licence, ID card or police warrant card.
o in response to requests by government, law enforcement authorities, or intelligence services and court orders;
o if required to comply with health and safety legislation to which we are subject;
o we may be required to share information with other licensees in accordance with local licensing requirements; and
o responding to a rights request under data protection legislation.
To protect your vital interests or those of another person:
o disclosing your personal data to the emergency services where we believe it is necessary to protect your vital interests or the vital interest of another person; and
o where you (or a person acting on your behalf) provide us with dietary or other personal health data such as allergies.
Other recipients that we disclose, transfer or share your personal data with:
We will share your personal data with Kingfisher Country Club and other companies in the Kingfisher Country Club Ltd group for administering hotel and restaurant services & products. Details of the Kingfisher Country Club group can be found on our corporate website at www.kingfishercountryclub.co.uk. Kingfisher Hotel shares data within Kingfisher Country Club Ltd when providing with support, advisory, IT, safety and security, including CCTV, and other services.
Kingfisher Country Club Ltd is the representative of Kingfisher Hotel.
For some activities Kingfisher Hotel uses third party service providers including where we are joint controllers. Your personal data will be disclosed to such organisations where this is necessary to provide a service to you, or where it is in our legitimate interests. For example, we use third parties to:
o administer bookings; provide Wi-Fi; undertake customer feedback surveys; provide analytics; send promotional offers; provide personalised advertisements; provide insurance; provide IT development, support, maintenance and hosting, including the provision of applications and website hosting; process payments to enable you to pay by credit or debit card; provide credit checks and fraud checks; and provide CCTV systems and maintenance.
Personal data may be shared with regulators, government authorities and/or law enforcement officials for the prevention or detection of crime, if required by law or if required for a legal or contractual claim or regulatory purposes.
We disclose your personal data to payment providers, technology providers, insurers, and other specialist professional and technical advisers to manage your bookings, arrange payments and provide services.
With your consent, we will also disclose your personal data to Ombudsman services and Citizens’ Advice.
Restructure and sale
We may restructure our internal group of companies so that different group companies run our hotels and related services. So, for example, in the future Kingfisher Country Club Ltd (or another group company) may take over responsibility for the running and operation of hotels from Kingfisher Hotel. If this happens we will let you know and your data may be shared with such company and processed as set out in this notice.
In the event that the business is sold or integrated with another business, your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s adviser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
Sometimes we may need to send or store your data outside of the European Economic Area (the EU plus Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway) (‘EEA’). For example, to follow your instructions, comply with a legal duty or to work with or receive services from our service providers who we use to help run your accounts and our services.
If we do transfer information outside of the EEA, we will make sure that it is protected by using one of these safeguards:
• Transfer it to a non-EEA country with privacy laws that give the same protection as the EEA. Some countries have been deemed adequate by the EU.
• Put in place a contract with the recipient that means they must protect it to the same standards as the EEA or use other mechanisms and measures to achieve adequate protection. We also may use the Standard Contractual Clauses published by the EU.
• Transfer it to organisations that are part of Privacy Shield. This framework sets privacy standards for data sent between EU countries and the US. It makes sure those standards are similar to what is used within the EEA.
• Binding corporate rules. These are internal rules adopted by group companies to allow international transfers of personal data to entities within the same corporate group located in countries which do not provide an adequate level of protection.
If you apply for a Business Account a separate Privacy Notice will also apply. Further information is available by contacting us by telephone directly on 01908 562332.
Significant automated decision-making
Like many businesses we use business rules on financial and other information in order to detect and prevent fraud. When used, these may identify a risk and, as a result, a particular transaction may not be processed.
What rights do I have?
Withdrawing consent or otherwise objecting to direct marketing.
Wherever we rely on your consent, you will always be able to withdraw that consent. We will continue to process your personal data for other purposes on a different lawful basis (other than consent) where that applies.
In some cases, we are able to send you direct marketing without your consent where we rely on our legitimate interests. You have an absolute right to opt-out of direct marketing and any profiling we carry out for direct marketing, at any time. You can do this by clicking on the 'unsubscribe' link located in the footer of every marketing email or text.
Other qualified rights
• You have the right to know whether or not we process information about you and to access that information.
• You have the right to update, correct and complete any information we hold about you which is inaccurate or incomplete.
• You have the right to obtain the personal data you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a commonly used, structured and machine-readable format, and to ask us to share (port) this personal data to another controller.
• You have the right to ask that we erase or restrict (stop active) processing of your personal data.
• In addition, you can object to the processing where the lawful basis is our legitimate interests.
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person or you ask us to erase information which we are required by law to keep. Where you object to us processing personal information we may have a compelling justification for processing it. Relevant exemptions are also included within the data protection laws that apply in the UK. We will inform you of relevant exemptions we rely upon when responding to any request you make.
To exercise any of these rights, you can get in touch with us using the details set out below. If you have concerns, you have the right to complain to the data protection supervisory authority of the EU Member State in which you are resident, work or in which your complaint arises. In the UK, the supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner. Details of all EU supervisory authorities can be found at:
How long will you retain my personal data?
We keep your data to enable us to fulfil our contract with you or to provide services, where required by law, to respond to a question or complaint, to obey rules about keeping records, to uphold or protect contractual or legal rights or where it is in your or another party’s vital interests or our legitimate interests. Where we process personal data on the basis of your consent, we will retain it only for as long as required for the specified purpose. We also keep your data in line with any statutory limitation periods and for tax, legal or regulatory purposes.
The period for which we will retain your personal data depends on the purposes for which we are processing it and where the same personal data is processed for two or more purposes, we will retain it for the longest period. For example, we retain:
• CCTV recording for up to 31 days;
• for up to 1 year incoming and outgoing voice recordings (although we will keep a record of any consent you give us during a call for as long as we rely on it as the lawful basis for processing);
• for up to 25 months from your last stay, any personal data we process for managing your hotel or restaurant bookings;
• for up to 36 months after it is resolved, any personal data we process in relation to queries, complaints or feedback (other than market research surveys) relating to your hotel or restaurant booking;
• until a period of 3 years has elapsed since your last interaction with us, personal data we process for marketing (including profiling) purposes, unless you ask us to stop sending electronic direct marketing, in which case we will act on your request, and then keep a record of your request indefinitely;
• for 3 years in the case of accident report forms (or for accidents relating to a child, for 3 years after the child’s 18th birthday);
• for up to 6 years from your last stay or access to your account, any personal data in an account you have set up with us, for example a My Kingfisher Account or Business Booker Account;
• for up to 6 years, financial and transactional data for the purposes of insights and analytics; and
• for up to 7 years, financial information for accounting, business reporting, analysis and audit purposes.
In any of the cases mentioned above, we may retain the personal data for longer, if it is required for the purposes of any internal or external investigation or litigation. In these cases, it may be retained until the matter is resolved. We may keep your data for longer in line with any limitation periods, or if we cannot delete it, e.g. for tax, legal or regulatory reasons.
You have the qualified right to request deletion of your personal data at any time, or we may choose or be obliged to erase your personal data earlier, for example if we no longer need to process it.
Cookies and other similar technologies we use
Information about the first and third parties cookies and other technologies we use is available in our Cookie Notice.
How do I get in touch with you?
Queries and exercise of rights
If you have any queries or want to exercise any of your rights, please see the “Contact Us” page on our website where you will find our email address firstname.lastname@example.org Please select this email link which will direct you to your email browser. Please add “Privacy” in the “subject box” as your reason for contact.
General data protection queries
If you have any queries about the way we process your personal data, you can get in touch at email@example.com.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 8th March 2020. Any changes to this Privacy Notice will be communicated on our website.